Morphe First Impressions

So, here it is. My first make up review, and, even though its currently 1am, I'm feeling motivated to get my first post up. Before I start I want to just give a very important shout out my best friend Caitlyn, for constantly nagging me to start this blog, her blog is called Passionatemind and I want to recommend any of my followers to look at her reviews and posts!

Ok, without rambling on, lets start this. 

I'm doing a review on two products I got a few months ago from Morphe, I use them both daily for 
my make up and I absolutely love them, however there are a few flaws. I brought the Morphe 35B Colour Glam Eyeshadow palette (on the right) and set 680-10 piece vegan brushes (seen below) from the official website back in February, little did I know that ordering products from America to England is not cheap, if any of my followers want to order products like this, and are from the UK I would strongly recommend looking on Beautybay or Cultbeauty first. It will save you a lot of money! Ordering from the official Morphe site cost me $28.98/£21.94 ($19.99 each) plus an extra $19.99/£15.13 for shipping. I then had to pay a customs charge of £15 after waiting almost a month for the product to arrive. However, I'm not saying that it's the companies fault at all, the products are still very cheap for a high end brand, I would just check on the UK sites before ordering from another country, you'll thank me later.


This was my first ever purchase of any high end brands and I was like a kid at Christmas. The products came in an overly sized box but was all intact and in perfect condition. The palette has a very good range of colours for beginners to get creative and more confident in trying brighter looks. The brushes look so pretty and they come in a baby blue roll and have pink tips, they're a very good starter set with some basic brushes including brushes for contouring, a foundation brush, eye shadow brushes and even one for your lips. 

I've used them both for a few of my favourite looks, which you can see below.

I have never use the oval lip brush or the pointed liner one, I personally prefer to apply lipsticks or gloss how it comes instead of with a brush and the same with my concealer, so I can't give a review on those ones, but I'm guessing they wouldn't cause any brush shedding because the other brushes work perfectly and apply very well. I use the angled liner brush as my eyebrow brush, as its the same shape and applies very smooth, I use this everyday without fail it applies very well, its a perfect size to fit into my NYX brow pomade, it's also very easy to clean.

The three eye shadow brushes I use for different things, all of these I would recommend, the first one shown is very good for doing inner corner glitters (this is made for concealing but I use it for my eyes instead), I use it to do my shimmers but it is quite difficult to pick product with, I don't own any other brushes so this could easily be the shimmer palette I have, it's very easy to clean. The second I use daily, but it isn't so good because of the fallout, the brush is very thin and wide so the product does fall out quite a lot. It is however, very good for doing the centre lid and also I use it for my lower lash sometimes for a softer application. The third I absolutely love using, I used this one for my swatches and it is the best brush out of the three to use if I wanted a stronger pigment, this brush picks up product very well, it is however the hardest of the three to clean because the brush is so dense, but I absolutely love this one, especially when I'm doing vibrant make up looks!


Then there's a deluxe brush, which I only use if I want to do one colour eye shadow, it's a very thick brush and one application from this would cover all of my lid and some, it's just like the smaller fluff brush but a bigger and thicker version. The foundation brush I actually use for my highlight, I know its a bit odd, I just find it a lot easier to apply with, I personally prefer to do my foundation with a sponge, brushes usually make my skin feel very sticky and the product goes cakey. The last two brushes are for blush and powder, I use these for what they're meant to be used for, I don't use blush much but the blush brush is also good for powdered contour, it picks the product up nicely and doesn't apply to heavy either. The powder brush works amazingly too, all of the brushes are extremely soft and feel great when applying. I have owned them since February and I haven't had any issues with the quality of them. For under $20 I would highly recommend for beginners!

Here are my swatches from the palette. I used the Chisel fluff brush from the vegan set to do these. 


The palette has it's pros and cons, some of which I've only just noticed whiles I was doing swatches. I'll start with the bad just to get it over with. The palette does have some fall out, but nowhere near an amount that can't be controlled, using the fluff brush from the vegan set, the pigment is good, but can be improved if the brush is damp, this isn't always ideal though because you don't want to make the shadows to be too watery or go dry from always using damp brushes. Although, the pigment can be built on, the product is very easy to re-apply and make the colours darker, or even make them less vibrant. This palette is perfect if you want to truly try and do more brighter looks, I wouldn't recommend it if you want some cool or pastel colours, the idea that I get from this is that it's meant to be used for brights, it's meant to be built on to and it does exactly that. I've owned this palette for about 8 months and I only just realised that I'm sitting on so many of these colours, no I don't mean literally, but I usually just apply pink or orange looks but this palette definitely has potential for so much more. As long as you're willing to experiment, this is the palette for you. I also think that this palette can be used to create looks for any season, they blend very well and Its perfect all year round.

My outcome for this is that people are too harsh on Morphe products, for the price I paid, lets forget about the shipping for now, I got a very good deal, the two products are great to use daily and they helped me come out of my shell, for any beginners out there I must say owning only a bright palette really does push you to try and experiment. So, take my advice and treat yourself, buy something vibrant I can assure you you'll fall in love with it.

For any of the products please visit these sites:

UK:



International:


If you want to keep up to date with my blogs, please follow me on my social networking accounts linked on my homepage!

â„’ynds♡


Comments

  1. Suchhhh a good first post, and those swatches are incredible! Ah I'm like a proud mama, well done my palll xxxx
    -Cait xx
    https://passionatemindblog.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/facts-favourites-tag.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment